Monday, December 14, 2009

Favourite Vintage Sets

Recently the Vintage Hockey Collectors Forum polled the members on their favourite sets of all time. Indeed there were some obvious choices that were repeated but some others that I was not really familiar with - thank goodness for Google Images. So I decided to include a sample of sets that received multiple votes. Great looking cards for sure. Some of these sets were pre-war and hence pre-confederation in Newfoundland. I wonder about the distribution of these cards pre 1949 - I certainly don't see a large quantity of these cards around these parts.

Probably my favourite is the V252 set - another favourite search to add to Ebay.
Here are a few images that I hope you enjoy. If you are interested in learning a little more about Pre-War Hockey read the
following article from PSA - it is a little dated now but a great read.

What are your favourites? Write a comment on let us know. Till next time.









No comments:

Post a Comment