Sunday, December 6, 2009

After the storm


So the snow fell and fell and fell. 38 cm in total. With the high winds the drifts were a couple of feet in places. A lot of shovelling and a sore back this morning - probably no huge need to hit the gym today.

Finally finished filing my bulk cards in my card catalogue cabinet. I was quite happy to see that I have quite a nice stash of 1985-86 O-Pee-Chee Hockey dupes. Compared to 81-84 the 1985-86 issue had a smaller print run (it appears!) and indeed the set is condition sensitive. I have a 85-86 set almost finished, just waiting to pull the trigger on the right Lemieux RC.
If I was to purchase a raw example I would like to be able to inspect it in person. Unfortunately there are not a ton of raw cards available in these parts to inspect so I might purchase a graded example. These come up very regularly on Ebay and a PSA 7 example can be had for $80-90 plus shipping.

I have a couple of sets (1980-81 OPC for example) for which the large majority are raw and are placed in 9 pocket pages in a binder but a few of the star cards are graded. I haven't figured out the best way to store these. I would like to be able to store the set together in some way so that I could browse the complete set as a whole. The empty places in the 9 pocket pages always freak me out until I realize that the card is sitting in a slab in a shoebox somewhere. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment