Sunday, January 3, 2010

In Memory...

Well folks a quick apology for the lack of new posts over the holidays. This Christmas was certainly full of ups and downs. Just as the holiday was beginning we received word that my grandmother was admitted to the hospital and sadly on December 28th, 2009 she passed away. On the first day of the new year we laid her to rest.

As a result of young parents and good genes I enjoyed getting to know 3 great grandmothers and all of my grandparents during my 35 years. I certainly am a better person for knowing each and every one. My grandmother who recently passed away was indeed a collector and had a fond appreciation for history and genealogy - things I like to think I inherited from her.

She was an incredible lady - kind, loved to laugh and put family above all else. I am glad my kids got to know their great-grandmother. My duty will be to ensure that they are reminded of the great times they shared with her. Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment